M2 Private Lesson Program
Statistics indicate that if a child participates in music, he or she is likely to earn higher grades and score better on standardized tests. Now there is powerful scientific evidence of a cause and effect link between music instruction and intelligence.
Lafayette’s Mastering Musicianship Program, known as M2, provides for individual music lessons over a 12-week session each semester. (Enrollment is open at the beginning of each semester.) The advantages to this program are cost and convenience. The rate for private lessons in Lexington is well over $15 per half-hour lesson. The M2 program at Lafayette is only $150 for current choir students for the 10-week session, and the majority of the private instruction takes place in the practice rooms of the Lafayette Music department, under the direction of highly qualified music consultants.
Lessons will be in-person
Lessons are arranged to accommodate student needs. Lessons will occur between the hours of 3:30-7:30 pm, Monday thru Thursday.
For 8th Grade Students
We are able to offer additional lesson spots to 8th grade students for $150. Please indicate your schedule preference and we will try to accommodate.
M2 Spring 2024 Schedule
January 29 - February 1
February 5, 6*
*No Wed/Thurs Lessons Feb 7/8 - KMEA
*No lesson Feb. 19 President’s Day
**Additional make up lessons at teacher discretion.
Note to parents & students Please check this schedule carefully! The M2 weeks do not necessarily run consecutively.
1. Students must attend every lesson.
2. Excessive absences may result in not being allowed to participate in M2 for the following semester.
3. Lessons will only be made up for excused absence at the director’s discretion.
4. Excused absences include illness, funeral, and other reasons cleared with the director at least ONE WEEK prior to the lesson in writing or by email.
5. Makeup lessons will be scheduled by the choir director usually during scheduled off-weeks.
6. If you are excused from another rehearsal such as band or theatre for your lesson, you must be prompt to your lesson and to return to your rehearsal. Do not abuse this privilege.
7. We will attempt to accommodate student requests for scheduling, but do not guarantee your requested time.
8. Payment is non-refundable as instructors are paid per student participation.
9. Do not enroll in M2 if you are already studying privately with another teacher and plan to continue with that teacher.
Please contact Laura Howard with questions or registration issues.
859-381-3474 ext 54630